So I am back from my holiday hiatus…G and I were out of the country for a month, and missed most of the holiday happenings at home. As a result, we still have all of our decorations up, and my cravings for holiday food are still in full effect.
Last year I made this family recipe for my neighbor as a holiday gift, and it was a huge hit – so much in fact, that it deserved a repeat performance this year. This recipe is not going to be the healthiest thing you’ll ever see on my blog, but I do think that it’s worth it. In moderation, of course 🙂
Peanut Butter Fudge
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup butter
1 box confectioners sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3 Tbsp. cocoa
1. Melt butter and peanut butter together in a medium saucepan, stirring frequently.
2. After mixture is completely melted, remove from burner and let cool slightly.
3. Add vanilla and cocoa, stir to combine.
4. Add confectioners sugar in gradually (I usually add 1/3 of the box at a time).
5. Press into 8×8 pan, let cool completely at room temperature.
6. Use a sharp knife to cut into 1×1 inch cubes.
7. Refrigerate and enjoy in moderation 🙂