After a brief hiatus, I am back with a delicious taco recipe. Have I ever mentioned my love for Trader Joe’s Soy Chorizo? It is spicy, versatile goodness wrapped up in removable casing. It makes the perfect base for tacos, with some of its heat offset by some sweet salsa.
Soy Chorizo Tacos
1/4 Trader Joe’s Soy Chorizo link
1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 ripe avocado
1/2 cup shredded lettuce or cabbage
2-3 Tbsp. pineapple or mango salsa (I used Newman’s Own Pineapple Salsa)
3 corn tortillas
1. Heat black beans and soy chorizo in a pan, set aside.
2. Warm tortillas in a pan, or directly over stove flame, 5-10 seconds per side. Set aside.
3. Slice avocado into thin slices, shred lettuce.
4. Assemble tacos by filling with bean and chorizo mixture, then lettuce, salsa and topped with avocado.
5. Enjoy with an ice-cold glass of water and a lime wedge!