The title of this post gets an exclamation point simply because it is so exciting, delicious and simple.
Goat Cheese and Spinach Portobello Mushrooms(!)
three large portobello mushroom caps, ribs scraped and removed
one 8 ounce log of goat cheese
five cups fresh spinach
two Tbsp. olive oil
one clove garlic
brown rice or gluten-free pasta, for serving
1. Cook rice or pasta according to package directions.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (I normally use my toaster oven and it works great).
3. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and cook mushrooms for 10 minutes.
4. Saute spinach, garlic, and olive oil in pan over medium heat until spinach is wilted.
5. Remove mushrooms from oven, drain juices if desired, top with spinach, and divide goat cheese evenly and top mushrooms.
6. Cook mushrooms for another 5-10 minutes, until cheese is soft. Broil for 1-2 minutes to brown.
7. Serve over brown rice or gluten-free pasta.